COVID-19 Advice to clients
  • We will not be hosting meetings at our offices until further notice.
  • We respectfully ask that our clients consider conference calls as an alternative to face-to-face meetings.
  • We have limited non-essential business travel and minimised external meetings.
  • Our teams are in constant communication and we have set up an emergency response group to co-ordinate our communications and to ensure that we take all recommended precautions.

Agricultural license

If you or your business use agricultural vehicles, they may require a different licence and may even be exempt from vehicle tax. Vehicle driving licences are categorised by type of vehicle and also vary according to the weight of the vehicle. However, most agricultural tractors mounted on wheels can be driven on the public highway by anyone who has passed a car driving test.

Licensing requirements for farm vehicles

Under special licensing arrangements, you are allowed to drive larger vehicles on your farm without holding a LGV driving licence entitlement.

If you drive a larger vehicle, the maximum authorised mass – ie the total weight of the vehicle plus the maximum load it can carry – will determine which driving licence entitlement you require, for example:

  • 3.5 to 7.5 tonnes requires a category C1 licence
  • more than 7.5 tonnes requires a category C licence

You must be at least 18 years of age to drive a vehicle weighing between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes, and 21 years of age to drive a vehicle over 7.5 tonnes.

Our highly experienced team will help you in all above cases, leaving your mind focused on what’s most important – your business.

Contact us

0207 680 1880

©2011 - 2015 Calices Solicitors. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No. 00558941. VAT No. GB139059205. Registered Intermediary with The Football Association No. IMS000975. | Legal Notice | Average costs for our services | Privacy Policy | Website by: Agency
We cannot guarantee that the content is always accurate and up to date, or that it applies to your individual circumstances or the individual circumstances of your business. The content of this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for legal or professional advice. You should seek any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances. The information on this website has been provided using sources from and (Open Government License), http://wikipedia.en (Wikipedia license). We cannot accept responsibility for the quality or accuracy of content on this website or ensure that it is presented in both English and Welsh languages.